Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Deer Season!!

Dustin and I enjoy deer season very much. We look forward to it every year. Opening season starts the first Saturday of November every year. Which means Dustin is gone every weekend hunting. This year he took the time to look for a buck I can even shoot. Most of the time he wants me to get mine first so then he can work on getting his. This year that didn't so much happen. We went down to the ranch several time hoping to come home with a deer and some meat. Little did we know it was going to be closing weekend before I got my buck. It was the morning of Jan. 16th, so cold and wet. Just not fun at all. Until this deer walked out and I shot him.
He is a beauty!!
At about 130 yards away I got this 8 pointer!! He scored to be 123! Not bad for my first buck. Dustin was so excited and proud. That he took the deer in that morning to get a head mount made!! So soon it will be on my wall.
As for Dustin, he didn't get a buck this year. But I think he got the best of it all!! With being able to get me one!! All in all it was a great hunting season!

No comments:

Post a Comment